Inn at Perry Cabin is proud to contribute to the future health of our environment.
Our current impact on the planet:
- Replaced all single use bottles with wall mounted 500ml refillable bottles, made with full recycled PVC.
- Changing bed sheets on the third day unless guest requests otherwise.
- Replace terry left on the bathroom floor, not those left hanging.
- All paper, carboard and glass products are recycled.
- Reduced printed material in all rooms opting for TV display and web-app (i.e., Guest Directory).
- Electrical vehicle charging stations are available for all types of electric vehicles.
- All used Nespresso coffee capsules are recycled.
- Replacing all the plastic packaging on beauty and wellness products in rooms with recyclable packaging.
- Replaced plastic toothbrushes with wood toothbrushes.
- Offer sustainable option for laundry returns (no plastic wrap, unless requested).
- Water dispenser was installed to allow our guests to refill their water bottles, further reducing the use of plastic bottles.
- Replaced room key cards from plastic to bio paper.
- Plastic sign in room was replaced with eco-friendly material (timber).
- All water in dining outlets is served in refillable glass bottles.
- To-go containers from all dining outlets are made from recycled and compostable materials.
- Majority of flower garnishes for our restaurant dishes are grown in our property garden.
- Honey is sourced from our own beehives located on property.
- All seafood and produce are sourced locally, within a 70 radius from the hotel.
- Yard waste is recycled via mulching then utilized on the property.
- Implemented an on-site composting program.
- Remotely controlled thermostats were installed in all rooms to reduce HVAC usage when rooms are unoccupied.
- Outdoor lighting control system is placed on timers and on photo sensor to minimize usage only during the hours needed.
- LED light bulbs were installed to reduce power consumption and extending light bulb lifetime.
- From the field to the table: vegetables are grown organically on site with minimal waste.